Casio MZ-X500K2 Keyboard
Professional sound quality
Over 1,100 high-quality built-in tones* support professional level performances in virtually any musical genre.
A compilation of Versatile Tones is also available to reproduce realistic guitar harmonics, bass glissando and other tonal variations characteristic of stringed instrument fingering.
A Tone Edit function supports intuitive sound production with simple knob operation. Users can draw on a selection of 20 effects to transform sounds dramatically.
Virtual Tone Wheel Organ
CASIO’s refined digital technologies faithfully reproduce the old mechanical tone wheel organ sounds that are popular among rock and jazz fans. Not only the peculiar tremors of the organ’s rotary speakers, but even its leakage noise, are accurately replicated. The developers' devotion to duplicating the deep, heavy resonance of the traditional tone wheel organ has generated a rich supply of flavourful sounds.
Hex Layer and Synth
A built-in Hex Layer (MZ-X500 only) overlays up to six different tones to produce polyphonic sound that contributes to powerful musical expression. A Bass Synth function that generates monophonic sound and portamento reminiscent of traditional analog synthesizers is also built in.
The traditional rhythms of Latin, European, Middle Eastern, Asian and other cultures around the world are incorporated along with such enduring favourites as rock, jazz and pops rhythms. Players can also set automatic accompaniment functions such as Auto Fill-in, Break, Intro/Ending and Synchro Start/Stop to produce their envisioned performances to perfection. The system’s ability to handle tension chords as well makes it easy for players to incorporate technical arrangements into their performances.
The Pattern Sequencer permits users to set and save original back-up styles. Besides providing accompaniment for solo instrumental and vocal performances, it serves as a second member of the band to manage guitar, drum, strings or other parts.
The Pattern Converter converts SMF data to rhythm data in the MZ-X Series format that can then be imported freely into the keyboard.
16 Multi Pads (MZ-X500)
16 blue LED touch-response pads* are incorporated to create new performance dimensions.
High-quality sampling is enabled at 44.1 kHz via the LINE IN or MIC IN terminal. Users can assign sounds to the pads as audio samples.
Various percussion sounds have been sampled and built in as pad tone presets, and the 16 touch-response pads can be used to add percussion arrangements to keyboard performances.
Players can use the touch-response pads to insert original preset phrases or any of the numerous built-in phrases suited to various musical genres into performances. When chords are specified in the Auto Accompaniment Mode, appropriate phrases are integrated naturally into the performance when the chords are played, deepening the music's expressive power.
An original CASIO articulation function permits modification of sound production nuances during performances.
Chord progressions can be preset for automatic accompaniment. Chords can also be assigned to the 16 pads according to a song's progression. The ability to modify chords simply by pressing a pad lets players devote both hands to the melody or to ad lib freely.
Color Touch LCD
The 5.3-inch color touch LCD affords intuitive operation. Touch control makes it surprisingly easy to call up impressive sounds and rhythms, and to adjust synth and effector parameters quickly and freely in real time. Users can leverage inspiration obtained through live shows and music production in their performances and compositions.
The cockpit design has the operation buttons and display laid out in front of the performer. Substantial improvements in display visibility and pad and knob operability provide smooth, stress-free control.
Originally developed 20W + 20W high-capacity speakers are incorporated in a unilateral 4.3L 2-way bass reflex system. With a 4-band parameter equalizer enabling finely detailed sound adjustment, moreover, users achieve impressive, high-quality sound production whenever and wherever they perform.
A built-in Audio Recorder saves players’ performances to USB flash memory as audio data. A Center Cancel function is installed to enable players to cancel or suppress central sounds such as vocals or instrumental solos contained in an audio file.
Format: WAV (16-bit, 44.1 kHz, stereo)
User Expansion Memory
A large-capacity user memory enables players to save original tones and rhythms in the keyboard for use in later performances.
(MZ-X500: 256MB / MZ-X300: 128MB)
LINE IN, MIDI and other pedal terminals exhibit expandable expression enhancement. Externally input mic or audio device effects can also be applied.
61 keys (Piano-style)
3 sensitivity levels, Off
MXi (Multi-Expressive Integrated) Sound Source
1100 built-in tones including 75 drawbar organ tones (650 user tones)
Layer: Lower 1 - 4, Upper 1 - 4 assignable (max. 4 tones)
Split: Variable split point
- Reverb: 20 types
- Chorus: 25 types
- Delay: 20 types
- DSP: Equalizer, Compressor, Limiter, Enhancer, Early Reflection, Phaser, Chorus, Flanger, Tremolo, Auto Pan, Rotary, Drive Rotary, LFO Wah, Auto Wah, Distortion, Pitch Shifter, Multi Chorus, Ring Modulator, Delay, Piano Effect
- Master EQ: 4 Bands Parametric EQ
- Auto Harmonize: 12 types
- Arpeggiator: 100 types
330 built-in rhythms (100 user rhythms)
- Modes: CASIO Chord, Fingered 1, Fingered 2 (6th off), Fingered 3 (on bass), Full Range Chord
- Controllers: Start/Stop, Intro1 - 2, Variation1 - 4 / Fill-in, Break, Fade In /Out, Ending1 - 2, Synchro Start, Synchro Stop, Accomp On /Off, Ritardando, Auto Fill-In, Tap Start
6 (demo songs)
0 (Off), 1 - 9 beats (Tempo Range: quarter note = 20 to 255 per minute)
- MIDI Recorder: Real-time Recording, Track Edit, Event Edit (Delete, Copy, Insert, Quantize, Step Recording), Punch-In / Out, Over Dubbing, SMF Import
- User Songs: 100 songs, 17 tracks per song (1 system track + 16 multi tracks)
- Approximate Data Capacity: 50,000 notes (1 song)
Audio Recording/ Playback
- Recording Source: Keyboard Play, Keyboard Play with Auto Accompaniment and with Music Preset, MIDI Recorder playback, Sound Input from EXT IN (LINE IN, MIC IN)
- Audio File Format: .wav (16-bit, 44.1 kHz, Stereo)
- Recording Capacity: Up to 100 audio files (Max. recording time: approximately 90 minutes for a single audio file)
- Requirement: USB memory, up to 32 GB
- Pad Function: 16pads, Velocity, Number of Banks(Phrase: 30, Sampling: 30, Chord: 20, Multi: 20, User: 100), LED, Sampling(30banks, 367 data), Sampling Time(Long: 9 seconds x 4, Short: 3 seconds x 32), Phrase(30 banks, 300 data), Event Edit, Chord Sync, Synchro, Chord(20 banks, 60 data)
- Mixer: 48 channels + EXT IN (INST IN, MIC IN), 9-slider operation
- Pattern Sequencer: Real-time Recording, Event Edit (Delete, Copy, Insert, Quantize, Step Recording), Part Parameters, SMF Import
- Drawbar Organ: 9 drawbars / 75 built-in tones / 50 user tones
- Tone Edit: 650 user tones
- Registration: 96 setups (8 sets x 12 banks)
- Music Preset: 305 presets with chord progression, chord edit (100 user presets)
- One Touch Preset: 330 presets
- Scale Tuning: Equal temperament + 16 types, Scale Fine Tune ±99 cents
- Octave Shift: ±3 octaves
- Pitch Bend Wheel : 0 to 24 semitones
- Modulation Wheel
- Sliders (9 sliders used for drawbar organ and mixer)
- Knobs: 3 (Assignable x 2, Value x 1)
±1 octave (-12 to +12 semitones)
A4 = 415.5 - 440.0 - 465.9 Hz (0.1 Hz units)
Standard jack (sustain, soft, sostenuto, start/stop)
5.3-inch touch panel
(5.0-inch 528 x 320-dot TFT Color LCD)
USB Memory / SD Memory
- Supported USB Memory: Up to 32 GB
- Functions: SMF Playback (up to 320 KB per file), File Storage, File Recall, File Delete, Format, Audio Data Playback / Storage
- Save / Load: User Tone, User Rhythm, User MIDI Data, User Music Preset, User Registration Memory, User Pad Bank, User Sample, User Phrase, User Chord Sequence, User Arpeggio
- General MIDI: 16 channel multi-timbre received, GM Level 1 standard
12 cm x 2 + 5 cm x 2 (2-way, 4-speaker), Bass-reflex System, Speaker ON / OFF
- PEDAL 1: Mono standerd jack
- PEDAL 2 / EXPRESSION: Stereo standard jack
- PHONES: Stereo standard jack, Front
- LINE OUT: L/MONO, R; Standard jack
- LINE IN: L/MONO, R; Standard jack
- MIC IN: Mono standard jack, MIC volume
- AUDIO IN: Stereo mini jack, AUDIO IN volume
- USB TO HOST
- USB TO DEVICE
- MIDI IN, OUT / THRU
- DC IN (24 V)
NO USB cable is bundled with this product. Use a commercially available adaptable USB cable to connect it with a computer.
AC adaptor: AD-A24250LW
Dimensions (W x D x H)
950 x 400 x 151mm
* Excluding music stand, and other projections
AC Adaptor (AD-A24250LW), Music Stand